VitalMTB: Leatt’s DBX 2.0 Helmet Makes Anti-Rotational Tech More Affordable
“Get some of the latest in helmet safety technology for a Benjamin.”
VitalMTB recently took a closer look at our most affordable helmet yet – the DBX 2.0. Featuring our 360° Turbine Technology, it still offers the same protection than our other helmets. Turbines made of 3D molded energy absorbing material are set inside the helmet. This technology has two main advantages, namely the reduction of rotational acceleration to the head and brain and the absorption of energy upon impact at concussion level.
“It wasn’t long ago that helmets containing systems designed to reduce the likelihood of rotational injuries were high-end, pricey items. Competition often yields cost savings for riders, though, and various ways of tackling the same safety scenario have popped up in recent years. With time they’ve come down to affordable price points, and Leatt is the latest brand to join the under $100 club with their new DBX 2.0 trail helmet,” VitalMTB commented.
The new Dri-Lex® liner is washable, moisture wicking, anti-odor and breathable. The 20 vents and the MaxiFlow air channels in the helmet help to keep you cool and ventilated during a ride.
“If, like us, you’re wondering how this helmet compares to the DBX 3.0 all-mountain helmet, know that the DBX 2.0 offers slightly less coverage, a standard plastic clip buckle (versus a magnetic Fidlock system), and fixed visor position,” they concluded.
Leatt DBX 2.0 Helmet Highlights
- Polycarbonate shell
- 360° Turbine Technology
- Reduces up to 30% of head impact at concussion level (claimed)
- Reduces up to 40% of rotational acceleration to head and brain (claimed)
- 3D in-molded impact foam for energy absorption
- 20 vents with MaxiFlow air channels in the impact foam
- Visor with breakaway function for rotational reduction in a crash
- Dri-Lex moisture wicking, breathable, anti-odor and washable inner liner
- Certified and tested to EN1078, CPSC 1203
- Weight: From 300g (0,65lbs)
- Sizing: S (51-55cm), M (55-59cm), L (59-63cm)
- MSRP: $99.99
Click HERE to read the full review.