The Feb Scoop: Month’s Highlights
2017 is two months old. Let that sink in. It feels like yesterday that we celebrated a new year (or rather the end of 2016), and now March is basically here!
It has been a great two months for us with a stream of good results coming in from our athletes, and our new gear also made an appearance at a number of races with really great feedback. We handpicked a few our favorite moments, results and videos from this month. Enjoy and let us know what your top moments were in the comments section below.
- Ryan Sipes will once again (for the 10th consecutive year to be precise) be part of our #LeattFamily and has already made an appearance at races in his new full Leatt off-road apparel, helmet, body protection, hydration and neck brace. Read more here and watch a video of him at Round 1 of the Full Gas Sprint Enduro Series in Gaston, South Carolina where he took the win here.
- Gannon Audette wore his full Leatt apparel setup for the first time at the 250 East Coast Supercross Opener. Read more here.
- We added a little something to the latest issue of Transword Motocross so that readers can learn more about our helmets’ 360° Turbine Technology with their own two hands. Get to feel the turbine that makes all the difference by getting your issue.
- Dany Torres is also taking on 2017 in full Leatt apparel, a Leatt helmet and neck brace. Read more here.
- Marvin Musquin has been dominating the podium this Supercross season, and won his very first 450 SX at Arlington! We are so proud of him and super keen to see what else this year has in store for him.
- Our athlete Martin Zietsman recently moved to the UK. He nabbed fourth place in the first round of the Welsh Gravity Enduro Series. Read all about his experience of taking on the year in a new country, in a new van here.
- It was a good weekend in Nevada for our amateur athlete Joey Foresta at the 2017 Mob in Mohave DH race. He took the win in his division, as well as 5th best time of the day.
- Slavik Hannes claimed the win at the Downmall race in Budapest. Check out the video of his winning run below.
- The start of the National Enduro Series was a close race to the top as Steward Baylor rises victorious. He also took first place at the Full Gas Sprint Enduro’s Round 2 took place at Lizella, GA. Ryan Sipes claimed the second spot on the podium.
- Tucker Hibbert took his 125th Snocross win. Watch the video below.
- Cedric Soubeyras claimed the number 1 spot at AX Sheffield.
- Bernard Kerr got the number one spot on the podium at the New Zealand Open in Christchurch. Read more here.
- In the Moment with Marvin Musquin at Supercross Oakland. Follow Marvin as he gets ready to race in this vid.
- “You don’t learn a trick like this – you have to commit to doing it…” Daniel Bodin spent two years preparing for the world’s first double back-flip on a snowmobile. Watch this incredible video! It will give you goosebumps.
That’s it for this month!