LEATT DBX ENDURO 2017 HELMET UNVEILED
LEATT DBX ENDURO CONVERTIBLE HELMET LAUNCHED
Enduro is still the buzz word in mountain biking, and 2017 products are dropping thick and fast. Last week we saw the Giro Switchblade – and now we see the awesome new Leatt DBX Enduro helmet launched.
The Leatt DBX Enduro is an open face enduro/trail helmet with a bolt on jaw guard, and it uses 360 technology that offers protection against rotational injuries.
Like most Leatt products – safety is paramount and the DBX Enduro is built for maximum protection in the types of crash you are likely to have.
LEATT DBX 3.0 ENDURO HELMET
Alongside the DBX 3.0 all-mountain open face helmet is the convertible DBX Enduro helmet.
Both helmets feature the same technology – but the Enduro offering has a bolt on jaw guard for racing and riding in more demanding terrain. It’s very simple to remove and can be stowed in your riding pack with ease – it definitely offers that extra protection you need for Enduro racing, but makes sense for a lot of modern mountain bike riding that doesn’t require a heavier, bulkier full face helmet.
Here are the main highlights:
- Two models – All Mountain and Enduro
- 18 vents
- Two click seperation of jaw guard via buckle
- Magnetic Fidlock buckle
- Breakaway visor
- Goggle compatible – visor moves up out the way
- Hydration system ready
- Outer shell in 3 sizes
- 360 Turbine Technology – helps prevent rotational injury using a similar concept to the MIPS system, but uses 3D moulded Armourgel which stiffens on impact to protect against vertical impact.
- Up to 30% less impact for the head
- Up to 40% less rotational acceleration to the head and brain
- Chin bar conforms to ASTM1952 standard
- Helmet certifies and passes EN1078, CPSC 1203
- Weight – 700grams(+/-50g) with chin bar, 375g (+/-50g) with.
- Prices TBC