Sea Otter 2018: The MTB Lab Looks at DBX 2.0 Helmet
The MTB Lab attended our ‘Pub Pedal’ DBX 2.0 Helmet launch at the 2018 Sea Otter Classic event. Everyone got the chance to pedal on cruiser bikes from Fisherman’s Wharf To Lovers Point in Monterey.
“The DBX 2.0 is a comfortable helmet with excellent coverage over the ears and down the neck. The 20 ventilation ports provide ton’s of air movement, even during slow speeds, so I never felt my head overheating. The interior was deeply padded adding to the comfort level, and the rear adjustment fitting wheel was easy to use on the fly. The innovative 360º Turbine Technology is an incredible trick and innovative system, and I am glad it’s there for my safety and protection whenever I happen to crash. Although it’s a simple helmet with just a few features, the excellent $99.99 price point and trickle down technology from its brethren is much appreciated,” they commented.
- Polycarbonate Shell In Three Sizes
- 360° Turbine Technology
- Reduces up to 30% of head impact at concussion level
- Reduces up to 40% of rotational acceleration to head and brain
- 3D In-Molded Impact Foam For Great Energy Absorption – Molded directly to the outer shell. More cushioning, less surface area – a total win for the rider giving it their all
- Maximized Ventilation – 20 vents effective even at very low speeds
- Maxiflow Air Channels In The Impact Foam – Effective at any speed
- Visor With Breakaway Function And Emergency Cheek Pad Removal – Adds to the safety of helmet and offers a rotational reduction in a crash
- New Dri-Lex Liner – Moisture wicking, breathable, anti-odor, and washable inner liner
Click HERE to view their full review.