Bermstyle Review: Leatt DBX 5.0 All-Mountain Jacket
“Leatt has consistently put out solid gear that lives up to and surpasses expectations.”
We recently unveiled our DBX outerwear gear. Bermstyle reviewed our DBX 5.0 jacket.
The Leatt DBX 5.0 All Mountain Jacket struck my eye the first time I laid my eyes on it. Not only was it my favorite color, but Leatt has consistently put out solid gear that lives up to and surpasses expectations. Best known for being a leader in the protective gear industry, the Leatt product catalog has since expanded into a collection of apparel that includes jerseys, shorts, pants gloves and riding jackets. Like their other products, the apparel features well thought out designs, with carefully spec’d out materials, designed for the needs of mountain bikers.
- Materials: 85% Polyamide (Nylon), 15% Polyester
- Three-layer HydraDri jacket with two-way pockets/vents
- Breathable with waterproof rating of 20.000/20.000mm
- Laser-cut, Bar Tack stitching for seamless, fully-welded construction
- YKK AquaGuard zippers and hidden reinforced stitching
- Tailored fit for riding with or without body armour
- Three-point, fully adjustable hood with stiffened peak fits over all full-face helmets
- Reflective printing on hood peak
- Brush guard fabric protection on shoulders and elbows
- Vents on side of jacket
- Pass pocket on left arm
- Microfibre goggle wiper
- Silk storm cuffs at wrists
“The 2019 models just dropped, and with the new model come a few changes in spec. The sleeves and body are more fitted, as is the hood. The shell material has been changed as well, with all new color options. The new models look great, but as is often the case, old stock had be had at a bargin if you can find it. Either way, it’s a solid jacket well suited for hard charging riders. The 2019 Collection also features a revised waterproof short and an updated version of the windblock gloves. As the original 4.0 Airflex Wind Bloc Gloves are still a personal favorite, I’m itching to get my mitts on a pair, as well as the waterproof shorts, which make a huge impact on the wet weather riding experience. Everything I’ve used from Leatt to date has been top-notch, and I want one of everything they make.”
Click here to read their full review.